Checklist for editors before approving and merging a pull request (PR).
Before approving and merging a pull request (PR), the editors must check that
- The page layout in preview looks correct.
- The new page is linked in the appropriate sidebar menu, in the same branch of the PR.
- The contributors’ names are listed in the CONTRIBUTORS file, in the same branch of the PR. Advice to have at least one contributor per page having its contact information in this CONTRIBUTORS file.
- All relevant metadata fields in a specific page are correctly filled in (see the page metadata and the Editorial board guide). Some critical ones are listed below.
page_id (List of page IDs)
related_pages (Related pages)
search_exclude must be deleted
coordinators(only used in national pages + they must be listed as
contributors as well)
- Make sure that listed tools or resources are tagged in the text with the correct snippet + that its metadata is described in the tool_and_resource_list.yml file.
- Check if relevant recipes on FAIR Cookbook can be linked to the RDMkit page that is being added/changed (Linking from RDMkit to FAIR Cookbook).
- The content is conform to RDMkit scope, style and templates.
- There are no copyright issues related to the content of the page.
- The contributors implemented the requested changes.
- When a new page is added, a news item is added to the news.yml file, in the same branch of the PR.
- The contributors are thanked for their effort and informed about the publication of their content.
- The PR is linked to related issues and can be merged in main branch with no conflicts.